LEADING LIGHTS EXECUTIVE RECRUITMENT
CC THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT
This Policy explains how the company obtain, use and disclose personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
At LEADING LIGHTS EXECUTIVE RECRUITMENT CC we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
WE COLLECT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements, and delivering services accordingly. For this purpose we will collect contact details including your name and organisation.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal
details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect
standard internet visitor usage information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or research purposes as follows
- To gather contact information;
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act. We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
YOUR RIGHT: ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided on our website and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
CORRECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
According to the Act ‘‘personal information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic
person. Further to the POPI Act, COR Concepts also includes the following items as personal information:
- All addresses including residential, postal and email
- Change of name – for which we require copies of the marriage certificate or official change of name document issued by the state
Generally speaking, personal information is any information that can be used to personally identify a natural or juristic (i.e. organisations) person. This includes name, identity number, age and addresses, any information that may reasonably be used to identify a particular individual. Some examples of personal information are ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers and addresses, ages and dates of birth, medical records, criminal records, financial information and employment history. Photos or video recordings that show individuals – whether in business or social settings – also constitute personal information. Information that’s about individuals but that can’t possibly be used to identify them doesn’t qualify as personal information. Information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to –
- Information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well- being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- Information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- Any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- The biometric information of the person;
- The personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- Correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- The views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- The name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person
- Data subject consents
- Necessary or performance of a contract to which data subject is a party to
- In terms of an obligation imposed by a Responsible Party by law
- Legitimate interest of data subject
- Legitimate interest of Responsible Party or 3rd party to whom PI was supplied
- Necessary for performance of a public duty by a public body PI
Sensitive Data: POPIA provides for a separate category of information called ‘special personal information’ which includes all information relating to a person’s religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origin, trade union membership, political persuasion, health or sex life, biometric information or criminal behaviour. POPIA also specifically regulates personal information (of a child).
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed above.
COMPANY NAME, ADDRESS AND CONTACT INFORMATION: Company name: LEADING LIGHTS EXECUTIVE RECRUITMENT CC
Address: 68 Mont Serrat, 43 Balmoral Road, West Beach, Cape Town 7441
E mail address: email@example.com Telephone number: 021 813 9236